Yesterday the LAUSD school board adopted a resolution to “assess and address” Adult Education in LAUSD within 90 days. The resolution states it will work with eight partners in the “L.A. Workforce Systems Collaborative”, none of which include direct representation of key stakeholders such as United Adult Students or even Adult Ed teachers or staff. Click here for our article on June 23.
The eight partners are:
- City of Los Angeles,
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce,
- Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation,
- Employment Development Department,
- Los Angeles Community College District,
- City of Los Angeles Workforce Investment Board,
- the Los Angeles County Workforce Investment Board, and
- the County Federation of Labor
The resolution was proposed by Board Members Monica Garcia, Steve Zimmer and Nury Martinez. Prior to adopting the resolution at the LAUSD Board of Ed’s “Annual Meeting” on July 2, Monica Garcia was elected by Steve Zimmer, Nury Martinez & Tamar Galatzan and herself to serve a 6th term as Board President.