NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL & CITY RESOLUTIONS:
- Find the name of your Neighborhood Council: North Valley (click here); South Valley (click here); West (click here); Central (click here); South (click here); Harbor (click here); East (click here). Then click on the link next to your Neighborhood Council to get the contact info. Email everyone on the list, or call them up. You can also find contact info here.
- Contact leadership on your Neighborhood Council or City and asked that they put Adult Education on the Agenda for the next meeting. Here’s a sample fact sheet you can provide as a sample presentation (click here). Write up a motion (see resolutions below) in support of Adult Education to be presented before the Neighborhood Council or City Council. Here’s a example (click here).
- ——> FAX copy of Resolution (on letter head) to: (323) 844-0110 or EMAIL to SaveAdultEdNOW@gmail.com
RESOLUTION PASSES in CITY of LOS ANGELES: [click here for VIDEO] L.A. City Council unanimously passed the resolution 15-0 that was sponsored by Councilwoman Jan Perry and Councilman Ed P. Reyes. Mayor Villaraigosa must decide by June 11 whether he’ll sign it or not.
RESOLUTIONS PASSED INCLUDE:
- Silver Lake Neighborhood Council
- Westwood Neighborhood Council
- Sylmar Neighborhood Council (5-24-12)
- Mar Vista Community Council
- South Robertson Neighborhoods Council: RESOLUTION; LETTER.
- City of San Fernando resolution #7477 (4-16-12)
- Boyle Heights Neighborhood Council
- Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council
- Wilshire Center Koreatown Neighborhood Council
- Pico Union Neighborhood Council
- Brentwood Community Council
- City of Huntington Park Resolution
- Granada Hills South NC Resolution in Support of Adult Education
- Venice NC 12.28.11VNCLetterReLAUSDAdultEducation
- South Central NC Resolution In Support of Adult Ed
- Rampart Village Neighborhood Council Resolution passed unanimously in support of Adult Education
- Granada Hills North NC passed a resolution support of Adult Ed.
- Pico Union Neighborhood Council unanimously approved a resolution in support of Adult Education on March 5.